cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot find user.lib VIs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there and thanks in advance for any response,

I'm picking up a half-finished project from a outside contractor in India that did some LabVIEW development. Everything was left on a desktop computer. The computer has some executable and some VIs with a LabVIEW project file. The executables seem to work but LabVIEW 2011 is not install so I cannot look at the VIs. I copy and paste all the LabVIEW VIs to my Laptop and open up the LabVIEW project file (.lvlps). I try to open the top level VI and it tells me it cannot locate three specific VIs. So I looked into the depencies to see if I could get any additonal information and found that those 3 VIs are located under the user.lib folder. I have search the entire computer for those VIs and the user.lib folder but could not find anything. It looks like to me that the user.lib folder is created when the LabVIEW development system is installed on a computer. If I install LabVIEW on this desktop, will it help me recover these VIs or are they lost forever?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Serge

Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,090 Views)

The user.lib folder is meant for personal libraries.  It could also be some third party library.  Unless you know where those VIs came from, you won't be able to find them.

EDIT:  Looking at those files, it looks like they are just OpenG VIs.  Install the OpenG libraries using VIPM.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 9
(3,078 Views)

Hi crossrulz,

Thanks for the quick response!

I install VIPM and the openG libaries of interest. It hasn't solve my issue yet but I am glad you helped me learn about the openG libraries, which will be useful to use later.

The PCI card I am using has some LabVIEW software drivers so I am trying to get those from the company to see if it is what I'm looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,028 Views)

@SergeB wrote:

The PCI card I am using has some LabVIEW software drivers so I am trying to get those from the company to see if it is what I'm looking for.

That sounds like it could be the InPortB and OutPortB VIs.  Digital I/O card?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,016 Views)

Create Dir if Non-Existant is part of the Open G File Library.  The _ogtk.vi gives it away as an OpenG toolkit.  But the fact that "existant" is spelled wrong is something I remember also.  It should be "existent".

The other two InPortB and OutPortB are trickier.  LabVIEW used to (maybe still does?) have some functions that provided direct control of either the serial ports or the parallel port that had names similar to this.  I don't remember the "B" part.  Googling on it didn't help much at all.  Maybe they were something someone else wrote.

Maybe you won't even need them.  If you open the VI and look for the errors where these missing subVI's are supposed to be, you might be able to determine what they were meant to do and find a different function to do the job.

Message 5 of 9
(3,012 Views)

Hi RavensFan,

Ye, these VIs are communicating with my PCI-DI-120 card. Probabkly specifying whether the ports are input/output and some other initialization using .dll files.

I can probably just wip something up and replace them.

thanks,

Serge

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,996 Views)

ye, PCI-DI-120 card.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,994 Views)

Is that an NI product?  I can't find it on the  NI site.  I tried googling and really couldn't find anything on it either.  Who makes it?

It sounds like a another company's product.  If so, you may still need to install whatever drivers they provide.

Message 8 of 9
(2,973 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SergeB

Yes, you're right RavensFan.

The company is called Accesio and I just received the LabVIEW drivers they sent me.

These were the VIs I was looking for!

And the create Dir VI was indeed part of the openG libraries.

thanks again.

Serge

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,946 Views)