LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot display solar panel manual control mode output voltage

hi guys. im new in labview . currently im doing a project call Development of a Renewable Solar Energy Charger Complete with Power Monitoring/Measurements via NI LabView Interface. it require arduino code and labview + Xbee. so the problem now i face is i can't display my output voltage . any one can help me with it? and can make my labview more user friendly. thanks guy. apprieciate if you  could help 😃

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,709 Views)

show us what kind of string your getting from "Visa read".

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,697 Views)

sorry but how do you see the string?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,691 Views)

As per your code, you’re doing some string manipulations to get the Voltage, Current , Power & Energy.

I’m expecting, there may be some problem in manipulations.

Take out that string (create Indicator) & check for it.

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,678 Views)

hmm.. my auto display is working but not sure why manual is not.. can you help to check? i create the indicator but not sure what's wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,675 Views)

If it is working in Auto & not working in manual, it means you’re not getting expected string from VISA.

Use debug Tools (Highlight execution ) & check data flow.

You need to change some changes in the code.

1. Instead of creating multiple local variables, try to use same reference. Local variables will create extra memory.
  2. In some cases you created multiple indicators (Like, Current-1 Current-2). If you want to display the value, right click (on Meter Indicator) -> Visible items->Digital display.
  3. Instead of initializing indicators values to default in the loop, Take it to outsize of the loop.
  4. You’re not closing VISA reference properly (once execution is done).
  5. Auto Display & Manual display cases looks almost same. Instead of creating two separate cases, make it to one & change the VISA buffer value based on Auto/manual.
Munna
Message 6 of 7
(2,660 Views)

ty for those help. but can i request you to help me change those? cause i'm very blur of it. sorry for taking your time sir!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,643 Views)