LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canalyzer caple function is not responding (Application.CAPL.CAPLFunction.Call())

Solved!
Go to solution

I can open canalyzer. Compile the code but not access my own CAPL functions. The program does not report any errors.

The program looks like this.

capl labview.jpg

code.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,647 Views)

Thanks for the link. unfortunately it did not help.

I have tried to access CAPL through the com object and python. I get the sama problem. That code look like this 

Application = Dispatch("CANalyzer.Application")
    Measurement = Application.Measurement
    ApplicationEvents = WithEvents(Application,ApplEvents)
    MeasurementEvents=WithEvents(Measurement,MeasEvents)
    CAPL=Application.CAPL
    Application.Open("C:\\Users\\kortOtjock\\Desktop\\Canalyzer filer\\Rig2_Any_Capl_Nodetest.cfg")

ref=CAPL.GetFunction("TEST")
    Measurement.Start()
    wait(2000)  
    ref.Call(1) #thisis ignored by canalyzer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,620 Views)
Solution
Accepted by magnuslilliehook

Found the problem

GetFunction has to be created in a OnInit event 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,600 Views)

Hello,

I need urgent help ...

How is the OnInit() Function called in Python ?

is there an implementation for Python ~2.6 available ? I did not manage up to now to fix the same problem. Maybe someone has a finished implementation for accessing CAPL function by python.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,074 Views)

I have the same problem. How to create GetFunction in a OnInit event with TestStand ??

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,397 Views)

Hey could u jus jot down the code for calling the CAPL function using python .. i am  facing the same problem 😞

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,840 Views)
OnInit is an event so you must program it right. I don't think it is possible to do it in teststand. Use labview code that you access with teststand. No I don't have any python code.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,817 Views)

Hi All,

I have one query regarding the above topic.

How to access the CAPL function in python script and how to execute that CAPL function.

In CAPL function, I am sending a CAN message. I need to execute that CAPL function through python. Can anyone tell me how to do this.

Thanks alot in advance!

Regards,

Pavan Joshi

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,538 Views)

Hi ALL,

please how can I get the retuurned value of CAPL function in python below my code any help please:

App_Handle.CAPL.GetFunction("Multiply")
functions_handle.Call()   #this will make a call for Multiply function now how can I get the return value of Multiply 

Cordially

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,369 Views)