From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't see add targets and devices in project explorer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

i think I have a strange query. i have Labview 2010 evaluation version. i am trying to add my cRIO 9004 to a project. I am just trying to follow the instructions in the getting started with cRIO manual. it says, add crio to the project by right clicking root project and selecting NEW>>ADD TARGETS AND DEVICES. The problem is I see the link for NEW but once i click that i dont see a sub-link "add new target or device" appear, INSTEAD i see the dialog box for  opening a NEW LABVIEW FILE appear. every where in the forum/knowledgebase/support trouble shooting and getting started articles have mentioned right-click root project>>select NEW>> select add target or device>> , as if it IS SUPPOSED TO APPEAR STANDARD in all new projects! But I dont see it! i dont get what I am missing. The software version i have are below:

on cRio:

NI VISA 5.0

NI RIO 3.0
LV RT 8.6

and it matches with what i have installed on my host computer.

I can communicate with the cRIO device both using MAX and also using ping command in windows command prompt.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks!

Rajesh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,819 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rkkallur

After installing the evaluation version of LV 2010, did you reinstall all of the other drivers such as for the cRIO?

Message 2 of 8
(5,815 Views)

Hi

Yes! i did install the drivers AFTER i installed the labview 2010.

Thank you!

Rajesh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,803 Views)

OK problem is solved. My LV real time module had a bad installation,so after reinstallation it worked fine.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,759 Views)

So isn't my message #2 the actual solution to your problem where I said you needed to install the drivers?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,752 Views)

well yes! it didnt strike me though that i had to reinstall my LV addon modules as you had mentioned drivers. anyways thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,712 Views)

Hey I know  that this is almost 6 years later but I have the same problem as you did, can you take me through the steps of how you fixed it?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,498 Views)

1) Install LabVIEW

2) Install Realtime Toolkit

3) Install FPGA Toolkit if you have it

4) Install any other Toolkits and drivers

If you install LabVIEW after you installed any of the Toolkits and drivers, you have to reinstall them again to make them properly register in the LabVIEW installation.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 8 of 8
(4,461 Views)