From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't connect to c-rio 9068

I have the full 2013 development system which includes the real time module. I'm trying to use it with the c-9068 for the first time. I'm able to see it in MAX and everything seems fine. When I add it to a project, I can see the modules but I can't connect and see the green light turn on (see image). I also notice it says "features not available" for some reason. I've reset and re-installed software on the cRIO several times with no luck. I also have this happen on my home network as well as my work network. I'm fairly sure all of my software is up to date. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,093 Views)

How did you detect the modules? Did you added the modules or it automatically detected?

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,083 Views)

I right clicked "Chassis" and selected New module. I then selected each module. It knew what modules where there and it shows the correct slots.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,075 Views)

After selecting New Modules you selected "Existing Target Devices" or "New Target Devices"? Am just trying to understand what is really happening.

-----

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,070 Views)

I selected existing target or device along with discover an existing target or device. It then lets me select from the three modules I have plugged in.

Thanks for trying to help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,063 Views)
Can you try to access the same RIO from any other PC and check what happens?. When we do this atleast we can isolate from where we have the issue (Either from RIO controller or the Host software).
-----

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,056 Views)

I've tried it on two different PC's and two different networks. I could have screwed up the host setup on both PC's though.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,051 Views)

Did you check for software updates/patches?

-----

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,037 Views)

Yes. Here is a screenshot of the software on the crio. My understanding is that since 13.1.1 is black and not gray, it is installed on both the host and target. Please let me know if I am not understanding correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,020 Views)
This is from the suit you install the software. When you go to Help>check for updates you will be able to find out any of your software needs update or any other patch is available.
-----

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,016 Views)