LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not find execution target

LabVIEW 7.1, with RT module installed.
COMSOFT DF-Profi2-PCI board, with VISA driver installed successfully.

Under MAX I identify the PXI system to External PC and it seems ok when communicating with the board.
However I find no option in the Execution Target listbox when starting LabVIEW.

Is there any other setup should be done? Please help and thanks a lot in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,145 Views)
Hello,

Do you have LabVIEW RT installed in your PC?

Regards,
Paulo
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,140 Views)
Sorry, I didn't read your first sentence... at least didn't pay attention to it...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,138 Views)
yes, i installed the realtime module for labview 7.1 but only two options can be found in the listbox, namely "labview for windows" and "select target with options"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,137 Views)
Ah! You should choose Execution target with options, and then enter the IP adress of the PXI RT on the next screen. You should then have access to it.
Only after you connect it it once with that LabVIEW instalation, you will have it available directly on that list box.

Hope this helps,
Paulo
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,129 Views)
thank you
however i mounted the board directly in the pci slot of the desktop, then i suppose it's not a networked device and will not be found in LabVIEW by assigning an IP address.
it that right?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,123 Views)
Hello,

I never worked with the board you mention, but the real time platform for me (at least untill now) is quite simple.
You have a machine (normally a PXI_RT or a FilePoint-RT) installed with RT Operating system. You install LabVIEW-RT module on your PC and then you can use your PC to program you reamote system installed with a very simple OS even without user interface.
That's why, you have now in you LabVIEW installation, the option to choose the IP address of your RT-Machime.

It seems to me, but take care that I never saw your board, that that board may have drivers to LabVIEW-RT, but for that it must be included in a system with that possibility - for instance if there is a PXI board you may include it in a PXI-RT and then use the LabVIEW-RT OS and use you own machine to program that PXI-RT making use of the LabVIEW-RT module you installed in your PC.
You have allways the option of using it under Windows...

Maybe someone in this forum is more familiar with that particular board and may give you some deep explanation how it works,
Hope this helps,
Paulo
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,115 Views)
Hi,

What type of RT Plug-in device do you have? LabVIEW 7.1 RT only supports the PCI-7041\6040 RT Plug-in board. If you are using the PCI-7030 serries you will need to use LabVIEW 7.0 with LabVIEW 7.0 RT.

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Karsten
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,095 Views)
I was informed that the PCI board can not be selected as a RT target. only the DF-PROFI2-CPCI board is possible.

any way, thank you all
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,088 Views)