From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i use NI-USB 6008 DAQ for generating pulse

hi

i want to use NI USB 6008 DAQ device to produce delayed pulse for controlling the opening and closing of a valve for specific time durration, if the pulse is high for 3 seconds the valve shold be open and when the pulse is low for some user defined time it should close,

any idea how could i generate that delayed pulse in my LABView.

i am trying to find a vi called "GENERATE DELAYED PULSE.VI" if some one has this kindly post me,so that i could get some idea.

is it Ok that i am using this NI USB 6008 for this purpose or should i swtich to some other if so then which one is appropriate for this kind of task

thanku

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,233 Views)

Hi Malik123,

There is no example perform such a task directly.

Anyway, you may refer to my attached screenshot to see how to achieve it with 6008.

Please note that 6008 perform DIO with software time.

Therefore, timing may not be very precised.

Regards, Kate

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,222 Views)

hi kate

thanks for the message i do have Ni-USB 6212, hope that will work fine with example you qote here.

you mention a digital input function of DAQmax, should i need a digital pulse(TTL) as input as well? am i right? because i only need to take only a delayed pulse out rest of the stuff should be done with in software, and if it(TTL singal input)needed then could it be possible to take that digital signal to any Digital input port or it is some kind of external counter pulse?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,216 Views)
is it possible to generate a square pulse from function generator function and then output that signal via DAQ, after setting pulse high time and low time( in seconds)?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,191 Views)

I also need to use a NI-USB 6008 DAQ for generating voltage for switching. The switching that I need varies between 1 second to 10 seconds. This is for a Electrical Muscular Stimulator.  Does windows will produce a noticeable delay and problem for the switching?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,594 Views)