LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I use 3d scatter and quiver together?

I got problem plot 3d graph in LV... even though it is that simple. Someone can help please. 

What I want to do

In my loop, I calculated a position vector and an orientation vector (both 3-element). I want to just display the data in a 3d graph, such that a round dot indicating the position, and an arrow indicating the orientation at this position. 

Problems I encounter

This looks simple task took me two days to try different vi... I used 3d Scatter, easily can achieve the marker at the position. Then I tried to find some other function that can allow me to draw a line... failed to find any. Then I saw the quiver, ya, that should be the one. So I created one 3d Scatter, one 3d quiver in the front panel, and delete one graph output link two plot vi together. The datatype seems perfect match. However, it does not seem to work. I assigned different plot ID for two functions, and it appears in the graph as plot 0 and plot 1. However, none of them displaying correctly. And depends which output graph I used, for example I used the quiver graph output. in the 3d plot properties there is no options for the scatter... 

I tried to look for examples, but could not find any. 

Please do help me out here. I am totally lost, do not know how to solve this issue now... 

LV version 2012 professional development system

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,777 Views)

Not a whole lot of people here do much with 3D graphs because these questions always sit for a little while.

Could you share the code that you already have? It'll help to have a starting to help you and try a few different things.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,718 Views)

Hi, James, 

Thanks for your help. 

I don't have a specfic code but want to know how to use these two functions together.  An example is as attached... 

So I want to draw a marker at the position, then update the position and orientation at the same time. But quiver does not show a marker at the base, but rather the length and quiver size. I can draw a curser but I don't think that is the right way to do it. The 3d Scatter and Quiver does share the same type as 3D plot lvclass array, but it does not seem to work together.

Thanks a lot, 

Kurt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,691 Views)