LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I increase memory of labview?

I have LV2014 at the lab, I can have a look tomorrow on your code.

So I did not see your program yet, but I would recommend you to start learning LabView using the online resources. I guess you have a license, so you can access the self-paced learning site. Did you try it yet? Start at Core 1, and watch the videos and practice the examples given.

Message 11 of 15
(1,212 Views)

I cannot troubleshoot your code on my laptop, because it is underpowered and the screen is only 1400x1050. Your panels are orders of magnitude larger! 😞

From a quick glance at it, this code is just a nightmare! Millions of property nodes and millions of overlapping objects on the front panel. Many large mathscript nodes that don't really do anything exciting. What's up with all these partially hidden picture rings containing a single image? How does their value change anything?

Memory use seems fine. I think the main problem is the way you are hammering the UI thread. This entire thing is just insane!

I might  be able to look at  it in more detail once I have access to a better computer.

If this is the "simpler and faster" version (your words) don't even want to know how the code looked like before. 😮 Trying to debug this is for masochists only. 

Message 12 of 15
(1,189 Views)

HI

I really appericate your considration and through detail analysing of my code.

the reason of making the code simpler (specially in mathscript) is that i think that part did not have a serious role in the faced problem (program tardiness). the hiden items are related to the dynamic programming process of the code when running and i plan to complete them in future.

have you test the code and seen no problem in it? would you mind and tell more detail about hammering the UI thread? i dont have any idea about it.

other things that make my mind busy is the size of front panel. are there some way to setting the screen size dynamically when the program is running?

best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,161 Views)

I have a feeling that you did not understand what altenbach tried to tell you. Maybe it is the language barrier...

The problem is that you program in LabView in a way, it should not be done. One example if someone starts to overuse property nodes, or local variables. It is really a dangerous trap when you are beginner in LV. Actually I did the same, some of my early works look like nightmare 🙂

For me this forum, and the official teaching material (I did instructor lead Core1-2, and I used the self-paced online learning material) helped to improve my skills. You have to think about DataFlow. You have to understand the impact of using property nodes and local variables, etc...

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,150 Views)

The hardest part of LabVIEW for beginners is getting used to the idea of Data Flow.  I like to think of it like an entertainment center.  A signal goes from your satellite to your DVR.  The DVR does whatever with it and then sends it on to your TV.  Your TV may then take out the sound signals and send them to your stereo receiver who then process the signals and send the results to your speakers.  All of that is done with wires.  LabVIEW words very much the same way.  If you can get over that hurdle, you will be just fine.

And since you are new, I highly recommend taking some free online tutorials.  They are quite beneficial.

3 Hour Introduction
6 Hour Introduction
LabVEW Basics
Self Paced training for students
Self Paced training beginner to advanced, SSP Required
LabVIEW Wiki on Training
Learning NI
Getting Started with NI Products

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 15 of 15
(1,112 Views)