LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling vi help file from teststand

1. I created help file for my Labview module using labview File/Print. File format is html.
2. I assiciated the help file to the vi by clicking/vi properties/documentation & inserting the file full path name into 'Help path' field.
3. Now I saved the vi & opend a new TestStand sequence file.
4. I created a new labview step, then right clicked & choosed specify module, the 'Edit Labview VI Call' opened'.
5. I called to my Labview module.
6. Now when I clicked on the button 'Vi Help..' I got the message: 'Help on this topic not found. Pls run Setup to install help'.

Pls help me about this topic.
Thanks,
Ofer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,311 Views)

Ofer,

Thank you for the detailed description of the process you went through to add a help file to your VI.  I followed your process and received the same message you described in your post.  The reason that you are receiving a message saying that help on this particular topic was not found is because the VI Help... button in the Edit LabVIEW VI Call window searches through the LabVIEW help file for documentation on a particular VI.  Because the documentation you included with your VI is not part of the LabVIEW help, TestStand will not be able to find it.

In order to reference the help document you associated your VI you have to place this VI on another VI's Block Diagram, turn on context help, hover your mouse over the VI you created and click on "Click here for more help" link found in context help.

Regards,

Santiago D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,301 Views)

Thanks for your answer,
It realy works from another VI. So I understand that it is impossible to watch the help file from TestStand.

Ofer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,296 Views)