From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling module (Function) in database toolkit

Solved!
Go to solution

No i didn't change anything in the column string array.  The code is writing values to the dB everytime I run the VI.  I was indeed suggesting to remove the Insert Data VI to see if it caused any issues.  

One thing you might try that I have done is modify the Create Parameterized Query VI to look like the pic below (I know....not recommended) but there seems to be a bug in 2012.  Not sure about newer versions.  Reference the following post.  

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/2013-Database-Toolkit-Create-Parameterized-Query-Postgres-Bug/m-p/24...

Capture.PNG

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,427 Views)

OK, that actually helped to fix my error. Now I am at the same point as you. It works if I remove the column with the function from the database otherwise I get the error about "it's an undefined function".

So now the start question remains - how to get the WorkingDays out from the LabView VI? I have not achieved anything here from that standpoint. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,418 Views)

Have you tried updating VB runtime?

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,412 Views)

Yes, I have VB 6.0 Runtime

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,408 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hasse

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12538094/sql-statement-against-access-2010-db-not-working-with-od...

According to this link (not everything on the internet is true), custom functions are blocked from being called from an ODBC or OLE driver.  Looks like you are out of luck there.  You can do the date calculations in labview after the query has returned the data.  Or you can switch to SQL server, for which there is an express version that is free.  

aputman
------------------
Message 15 of 17
(1,398 Views)

Thank you for that link, it means that I don't need to dig into this any further. I will just pull the two dates from the database and then replace the Access function with a LabView VI instead that will calculate the working days.

Thanks "Aputman" for your help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,386 Views)

Why do you mark your "thank you" comments as the solution?  The purpose of marking a solution is so that people can immediately go straight to the post that solved the OP's question.  Going to a "thank you" doesn't help anyone.  

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,366 Views)