cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call library function node- Need help

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have a flow meter to which I have to do interface in LabVIEW. Flowmeter vendor has provided a dll and the function prototype document, 

I have not used extensively the call library function node, In function prototype document I have function named -

"extern int GetConnexionStatus(CONNEXION_STATUS*);" how to write the Call library node for this function ? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,510 Views)

Use Call Library Function From Connectivity Tools

Then Browse for the Libray Name or Path, You can Specify the Library path Specified by Flowmeter Vendor

Actaully Single Library file has many Functions which you can Browse in the Function Name

@systemcrash wrote:

Hi all,

I have a flow meter to which I have to do interface in LabVIEW. Flowmeter vendor has provided a dll and the function prototype document, 

I have not used extensively the call library function node, In function prototype document I have function named -

"extern int GetConnexionStatus(CONNEXION_STATUS*);" how to write the Call library node for this function ? 

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,507 Views)

Hi,

Whatever you have written is the procedure to follow which I know, could you pls tell me what "type" to use for the parameter which is inside the bracket for the below function 

extern int GetConnexionStatus(CONNEXION_STATUS*)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,495 Views)

@systemcrash wrote:

Hi,

Whatever you have written is the procedure to follow which I know, could you pls tell me what "type" to use for the parameter which is inside the bracket for the below function 

There should be a document for Refereing the Type of Input and Output data along with the library which you need to refer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 6
(3,478 Views)

@systemcrash wrote:

Hi,

No, we can't! The datatype CONNEXION_STATUS is either an enum or a structure. Which of these we can't say without seeing the entire header file for the DLL and/or the documentation manual.

If it would be an enum you should be fine by configuring it as 32 bit integer passed as Pointer to Value. If it is a struct things might get a lot more complicated depending on what elements are inside the struct.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 5 of 6
(3,469 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author systemcrash

Hello all,

I used Import shared library wizard after getting ".h" file from the dll developer and was able to complete the required task of communicating to device.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,362 Views)