From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call by ref does not call setup to be set

I am iterating within a loop and each iteration I am opening a VI reference and loading it with a subsequent call by reference and want to know if there is a way to keep the VI in memory for subsequent calling. The arrray of file refs that I am iterating on may have consistnet same file refs so that the VI to be run is the same for consistent loop iterations.  I noticed that the call setup dialog is disabled when we running a call by ref VI with a VI ref being fit into it. I want to do this to speed things up with execution.  Is there a way to do this?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,947 Views)

Hi Id,

So there are a few ways we can go about this. The first is to open the VI reference outside of the loop. You need to make sure that you close your references at the end of the loop using this method. Another way is to use the Start Synchronois Call if you do not need any data out of the VI.

Thomas N.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,911 Views)