LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculating system requirements for an app?

Hey,

Is it possible to calculate the system requirements of an app I am developing? I have some older machines in the lab which I might get my hands on, however I don't really want to get into it if it is not feasible to use them because of their weakness. Does the compiler have some options for this hidden somewhere?

Might using RT OS provide some better performance for older machines? (As they do not need to run Windows and all related stuff)

Thanks,

(2,575 Views)

Do you have the RT Module to develop for RT machines?

What OS is running on the old PCs?

There are toolkits that can help you take a look at performance.  But, I'd be more concerned about OS/LabVIEW compatibility. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,541 Views)

I have access to RT module, however I have not used it yet 

these laptops run Windows XP at the moment, and they are like ~10-15 years old (some old Compaq notebooks with single-core P4 processors and 256MB RAM at max)

(2,517 Views)

Honestly you'd be best off if you just coded up your software and kept performance in mind.  Then try it out and hope for the best.  If it doesn't work, re-optimize or increase your system requirements.  Your program can take as much, or as little CPU and memory as you code, so without knowing what you want to do, or how you perform the tasks it will be quite difficult to recommend any requirements.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,502 Views)