LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculating BPM from pulse signal

One of your challenges is not to miss a peak that rides between two successive data blocks from the DAQ device.  There is a peak detection VI in the source code of the HRV startup kit that can handle this issue.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,489 Views)

i am working on a similar hardware i.e detecting pulses using led and photodiode,i want to get the heart rate in bpm from the pulses.i got a VI from NI website.i am attaching the zip file with this.but the problem i have is,due to change in logic in my hardware i am getting negative peaks for every pulse,if there is no pulse,i am getting a constant voltage of 4 volts,if a pulse is detected i am getting output in around .1 volts.is there a chance of changing the program to suit my requirement,that is give the bpm from negative peaks?i tried changing "peaks" to "valleys" in peak detector VI,but there was no change.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(992 Views)

i am working on a similar hardware i.e detecting pulses using led and photodiode,i want to get the heart rate in bpm from the pulses.i got a VI from NI website.i am attaching the zip file with this.but the problem i have is,due to change in logic in my hardware i am getting negative peaks for every pulse,if there is no pulse,i am getting a constant voltage of 4 volts,if a pulse is detected i am getting output in around .1 volts.is there a chance of changing the program to suit my requirement,that is give the bpm from negative peaks?i tried changing "peaks" to "valleys" in peak detector VI,but there was no change.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(991 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(991 Views)

It is difficult to tell what the problem might be because your simulated signal does not resemble the signal you describe from your hardware.  Please capture some real data from your hardware and post that.  Usually the easiest way is to show the data then Make Current Value Default then save, but that will not work with the chart. In your VI the easiest way might be to place a History Data property node for the Data chart after the loop. Create an indicator for the data. It will be an array of clusters of an array of clusters representing the waveforms. (Wonderful (not!) dynamic data). Run the VI a few seconds. Stop it. Then Make Current Values Default and Save. Post that VI.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(980 Views)