LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO webserver detect lost connection

I've developed a RT system on a cRIO 9030 that is using a web interface as GUI. From this GUI the operator is controlling motors and other types of equipment that is critical to stop when the user demands. If the connection is lost the motors has to stop automatically.

I've testet different methods to detect a client loss, but none has worked. Too me it seems that the "RP.Client Connections" (see picture under) does not update if i pull the ethernet plug.

Is there any other way to detect a client loss?

RP.Client Connection.png

EDIT: It detects the loss, but the time it takes is way to long.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,136 Views)
The problem is that the web doesn't work that way. The web server is not responsible for keeping track of who is or is not still connected.

What are you actually trying to accomplish?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,124 Views)

The cRIO needs to know if the client in controll is still there.

I finally made the ping command working from the cRIO, and this is sufficient for this task. 

(I had to add the "-c 1" to only ping once for the terminal window to reply from my command).

If no ping packets are received i consider the clint connection lost. 

cRIO ping.png

If there is a simpler method to check for a connection to the operator please let me know! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,116 Views)
That looks good. The only potential problem is that some corporate IT departments turn off their computer's ability to respond to a ping.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,113 Views)