From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO remote programming

Hello Everyone,

Is there anyway to remotely access the cRIO and program it from a local Station (My PC)?

Thanks in advance,

Ahmed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,920 Views)

What do you mean by "remotely" in this case? The only way to program a cRIO is over the network. You need to have the LabVIEW Real-Time toolkit installed, along with support for your cRIO. Then, you can add your cRIO as a target to your LabVIEW project, by right-clicking the project within the project explorer and choosing add target. Once the cRIO is part of the project, add VIs under that target to run them on the cRIO. See the help for the real-time module for more detailed instructions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,890 Views)

hello nathand,

I mean by remotly that I'm with my laptop in a place -say the office- and the crio is in another different place may be another country.

Is that possible?!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,826 Views)

Sounds like a good application for a VPN server on the network your cRIO is on.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,820 Views)

Do you have any documentation or link that have more details that i can use to implement it?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,813 Views)
That's something best answered by the IT department.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,809 Views)

ahmelsayed wrote:

I mean by remotly that I'm with my laptop in a place -say the office- and the crio is in another different place may be another country.

Is that possible?!

The cRIO doesn't care how close or far away you are, so long as you can establish a TCP connection to it on the required ports. As was previously mentioned, you'll have to work this out with your IT department. You may need to use a VPN. Once the VPN connection is established, you connect to the cRIO the normal way.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,798 Views)