LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO Profibus module - FPGA build works for Slot 1, but fails for Slot 7

Solved!
Go to solution

We have a cRIO Profibus module installed in a cRIO-9024 chassis, and are experiencing difficulties during the FPGA build process. The build goes fine when the project is configured for the Profibus module to be in Slot 1, but fails with Code Generation Errors when the project is configured for Slot 7. I have created a very simplified pair of projects (attached) that illustrate the problem.

The error messages are "HDL code generation error occurred" and "Terminal(s) requiring constant input wired to non-constant source(s)". A screenshot is included the attachment.

Commenting out the second subVI "CS_cRIO_PBM[7]FPGA_SPI_ReadWrite.vi" in Profibus_Slot7.vi allows the FPGA code to build without errors. Tried wiring constants to the subVI inputs, and other variations, but still the build failed.

I am aware that the documentation for the Profibus module recommends installation in Slot 1, but our customer requires us to install it in Slot 7.

Does anyone have an understanding of the Code Generation Errors that I am receiving?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,267 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris_12345

1) You are using the old driver and this is expected behavior. 

2) The new driver will allow you to put the module in any slot. Remember to leave a blank slot next to it because of thermal considerations. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
Message 2 of 2
(2,257 Views)