From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO Hybrid Mode Error -65597

I have a hybrid mde cRIO. where only one module (a 9205 in slot 3) is under the FPGA target, the balance of modules are scan engine.

I recently had to add a 9205 for some additional transducers added. This 9205 is under the cRIO chassis target (Scan engine).

when I deploy, DMS says project has a module in slot 8, but slot 8 is empty.

I tried moving it to/from slot 7 just in case the backplane was the problem - but it doesn;t help.

I am guessing I must re-compile the FPGA to get the module included in scan engine?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,192 Views)

You might have to remove the cRIO chassis from the project, re-detect the cRIO chassis and modules, and re-compile the FPGA. It usually works for me.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,188 Views)

Re-compile fo FPGA took care of it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,182 Views)

Glad to hear that fixed the problem.

To explain what likely happened here.

At compile time, LabVIEW determines from the project which slots needs Scan Engine support. If there was no module under the chassis item in slot 8 when the bitfile was compiled then there will be no scan engine support for that slot, and the module won't be detected. This is done to avoid using FPGA resources on slots that won't be used.

It shouldn't be necessary to completely remove and re-add the chassis, just discovering or adding the module to the project and recompiling should be sufficient.

Does that make sense?

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,179 Views)