LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO Host to Target DMA FIFO transfers not supported (err -63001)

I am trying to do a DMA transfer from the cRIO RT controller to the cRIO FPGA.  Both the FPGA code compiles and runs, and the RT code compiles and runs.  However, when I get an RT error

(error -63001) NI-RIO FPGA Communications

Framework: (Hex 0xFFFF09E7) DMA from host to FPGA is not supported for this platform.

I have version 2.2.0 of the NI-RIO driver which was told by NI should support this direction of transfers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,650 Views)

Hi gregl,

Which version of CompactRIO controller are you currently using?  The cRIO-9012 Controller supports DMA transfers from Host to FPGA and FPGA to host while the cRIO-900x series controllers only support FPGA to host DMA transfers.

Regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,643 Views)
Steve,
Thanks for the reply.  I do have the cRIO-9004 controller.  We have a cRIO-9012 on order but I don't know when it will be in.  I will try it on that when it gets in.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,613 Views)
That is the exact problem I am having too. I also have the cRIO 9004. Is there another approach to passing data from the host to the FPGA?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,049 Views)
Yes: use front panel controls.  For passing an array of values, use one control for the value and a second boolean control to indicate whether the FPGA is ready to read the next value.  There's more information about this here: Using Clusters and Arrays in LabVIEW FPGA.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,037 Views)

Hello , i am buying a cRIO 9073 , i will have same error??

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,573 Views)

Hi,

The cRIO 9073 supports Host-to-FPGA DMA transfers. cRIO-9004 and cRIO-9002 are the controllers that don't support Host-to-FPGA FIFO communication.

Sev K.
Senior Systems R&D Engineer | Wireless | CLA
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,564 Views)