From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO 9082 with 9264 sine output not working.

Hello.

I am starting to learn the cRIO 9082 (with embedded windows 7) and I just want to generate a couple of sinuses with two 9264 modules.

I am facing two problems:

1. I do not generate sinuses but something that looks like a square wave

2. The frequency of those square waves have a lot of jitter, they drift +/- 100 Hz.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Vasileios.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,746 Views)

Hello.

I am attaching the whole project this time. I hope that someone will undestand what am I doing wrong.

I am using the cRIO 9082 in windows embedded configuration and the module I am trying to work with is the NI 9264.

I also have one question. The NI 9264 can give me up to 25 kSamples/Second. How does LabVIEW FPGA knows that the module cannot be updated every time the loop tries to update it? If for example I have a loop to be executed every 100 ticks, my module is not so fast, it cannot be updated at this rate.

In the first post, I attached a picture of my first vi's where the loop did not have a time delay. Could this work?

In this post, the vi that is handling the module update, is running a 1700 cycles delay loop (40MHz to 25 kSamples/Second = 1600) but the results are terrible, worst even from the first vi.

Any help?

Thanks,

Vasileios.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,689 Views)

Hi Vasileios,

is there any chance that you could give us the example in LV2012 or 2013?

cheers

Mathis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,660 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

It is working now. The solution was the input of the module, it should be set to raw data instead of calibrated data.

Vasileios.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,657 Views)