LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO 9082 with 9264 sine output not working.

Hello.

I am starting to learn the cRIO 9082 (with embedded windows 7) and I just want to generate a couple of sinuses with two 9264 modules.

I am facing two problems:

1. I do not generate sinuses but something that looks like a square wave

2. The frequency of those square waves have a lot of jitter, they drift +/- 100 Hz.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Vasileios.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,729 Views)

Hello.

I am attaching the whole project this time. I hope that someone will undestand what am I doing wrong.

I am using the cRIO 9082 in windows embedded configuration and the module I am trying to work with is the NI 9264.

I also have one question. The NI 9264 can give me up to 25 kSamples/Second. How does LabVIEW FPGA knows that the module cannot be updated every time the loop tries to update it? If for example I have a loop to be executed every 100 ticks, my module is not so fast, it cannot be updated at this rate.

In the first post, I attached a picture of my first vi's where the loop did not have a time delay. Could this work?

In this post, the vi that is handling the module update, is running a 1700 cycles delay loop (40MHz to 25 kSamples/Second = 1600) but the results are terrible, worst even from the first vi.

Any help?

Thanks,

Vasileios.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,672 Views)

Hi Vasileios,

is there any chance that you could give us the example in LV2012 or 2013?

cheers

Mathis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,643 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

It is working now. The solution was the input of the module, it should be set to raw data instead of calibrated data.

Vasileios.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,640 Views)