From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO 9076 internal block diagram?

Hi guys--

I'm trying to work up a document on our cRIO 9076 for the lab, and I'd like to include a schematic/block diagram of its overall internal structure...something like what PC motherboard makers give (example below).  The internals of the RT controller are pretty easy to guess at, but I'm a little fuzzy on the connections between that and the FPGA, and between the FPGA and the chassis modules.  Any pointers on where I should be looking (not in the manual, by the way)?

Thanks a bunch.

Motherboard-Gigabyte-GA-870a-UD3-Diagram-2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,305 Views)

Hello bcro,

I haven't seen any internal block diagrams for the cRIO similiar to the one that you've posted.  The closest I could find is the first figure seen in this article.  There are block diagrams for our R-series cards however.  You can find them in the manual here starting at page 2-1.  They won't be exactly the same but leads to and from the FPGA will be similiar.

David A

Message 2 of 3
(3,273 Views)

David--

Thanks a bunch for your reply.  That manual got me pointed in the right direction.  I also found this little wiki stub:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CompactRIO

which specifies the controller-fpga connection as PCI, meaning much of the details are probably obvious with a better understanding of PCI busses.  In any case, I've managed to start a diagram of my own that will suit my needs just fine.

Thanks again, and have a great day.

cRIO 9076 (Whitebox).png

Message 3 of 3
(3,250 Views)