From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDaq NI-9274 is slow

Hi,

I recently upgraded from Labview 8.6 to Labview 13, and now Labview 14 as well as to USB cDaq (9274) from PCI.  When I tried to upgrade a working vi, I experienced a lot of crashes.  So I stripped everything out of my program and I am now just acquiring data (5 channels) and displaying it.  It seems like it should be a very simple program, but a loop iteration takes over a second and after a couple hours takes over three seconds.  And it is still crashing when I shut it down. 

All I am doing is collecting two K-type thermocouples on a NI-9211, two voltages on another NI-9211 (C-type thermocouples) and a CJC from the second NI9211.  I am also converting the voltages to a temperature using a look up table. 

Does anyone have any ideas why this would be running so slow?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,554 Views)

here is the vi lib

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,552 Views)

You'd need to give us a whole lot more information than you've given us so far.

With the older version of LabVIEW, were you using the NI-DAQ or DAQmx drivers?  That would cause quite a bit of change.

Is there any reason you're doing the conversion yourself instead of just doing temperature measurements?  The 9211 can easily be setup with a k-type measurement just by choosing the temperature measurement rather than voltage.

What does "so slow" actually mean?  Realistically, you're not going to get anything faster than 14 Hz on a 9211.  This assumes you're using only a single channel.  If the program moves any faster, you're just repeating old data and not getting anything new.  Reading two channels on the 9211 drops you down to 7 Hz.  What are you sampling at? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,543 Views)

Hi,

I'm not even thinking about the old program now, just the basic program I described (aquiring and displaying data, 5 channels), but I was using DAQ Assistant with PCI cards. 

I'm doing the conversion myself because LabVIEW doesn't convert C-type thermocouples (?) and I want to validate my conversions with the K-type thermocouples.  I need to go to higher temperatures than K-type thermocouples can measure...

I am reading 1 sample (on demand) with the DAQ Assistant.  Slow means over a second for a loop iteration, with that time growing to over 3 seconds per iteration after running for 2 hours.  And crashing when I try to stop the program. 

I am adding an image of my entire program, since I can't seem to attach a file (maybe that's why I can't do LabVIEW - LOL).  Am I doing anything wrong?

5nov14.PNG

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,535 Views)