cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ 9184 with NI9232 module for accelerometer and pressure sensor

Solved!
Go to solution

Preston_Johnson

I want to attach the sensors to a sewage pipeline inside and outside the pumping station to measure the transient pressures and vibration accompaniyng the transient event. I want to be able to connect both sensors to the NI 9232 and be able to program both sensors and configure them with DAQ assistant in LabView. Now according the replis that get, I will definitely choose an IEPE accelerometer for vibration. The thing that is confusing me is what  type of pressure transducer should I use (bridge type or IEPE level type). I found a company called Setra sells capacitive pressure transducers and below is some details:

there are three types of outputs and excitation:

1-  9 - 28 VDC Excitation    with   4 to 20 mA current output

2-  9 - 30 VDC Excitation    with 0.5 to 5.5 VDC Output voltage

3-  4.9 - 8.1 VDC  Excitation   with 0.5  to 4.5 VDC output voltage

Which one do you reccomend to use with NI 9232 and which in the same time makes me able to program it with DAQ assistant.

Wissam

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(439 Views)

I see several options at: http://www.setra.com/Market/generalindustrial.htm

From your description, I would choose #2, with the larger of the voltage range outputs.  However, if you can provide model numbers from the above website, I can do a better job of recommending. 

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(429 Views)

Preston_Johnson

I am iterested in Model 209 given in the link below:

http://www.setra.com/ProductDetails/209_HVAC.htm

It is a capacitive type pressure sensor and it has an amplifier built in. I dont know if it is considered an IEPE sensor in this case or not. But the question is can I connect it to the NI9232 Module and be able to configure it with DAQ assistant and/or program it with DAQ mx Labview.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(420 Views)