LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bus monitor function in NI - XNET

Is CAN bus monitor function available in NI- XNET 1.1.3 palette? If not is there any way around to bring the bus data stream to the front panel?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,140 Views)

Hello,

There are two ways to access the bus monitor, you can access it through Measurement & Automation Explorer as discussed in this KnowledgeBase: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/29B1BA306ADB423A8625761800594631?OpenDocument

Or you can use an example from the LabVIEW Example Finder titled "CAN Input Stream to TDMS Logfile.vi". You can remove the option to write to a TDMS file and just monitor the input frames on the front panel. To locate this example

1. Open the LabVIEW Example Finder
  2. On the Browse tab, expand "Hardware Input and Output" >> NI-XNET >> Logging and Replay >> Can Input Stream to TDMS Logfile.vi

I am attaching a screen shot of the block diagram to give you a better understanding of what the example I am referencing does.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,122 Views)

How do I go about removing the option to remove the programs ability to write to the log file? I have been trying to delete a few things within the program to disable to feature because I only want to display the messages being exchanged on the front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,478 Views)

Just remove the functions that create the TDMS file, write to it, and close it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,466 Views)