From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build specification version VI BUG

Solved!
Go to solution

Ni Provides VIs to set and read the version of a build specification in a LV project. However, I find that when trying to set any part of the build version to 0 (zero), this value does not get set.

This appears to be a bug in the VI from theNI_App_Builder_API called

Set Build Specifrication (path).vi

My appliction for this is to reset the build versions of all builds in a project to 1.0.0.0. I'm goig to dig into the XML tags and figure it out on my own. 

(3,320 Views)

When are you trying to set the build information?  Is it in the Pre build VI?  If so that won't work and there are several issues trying to set this during a build, but there exists a few work arounds.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Pre-Build-EXE-and-Installer-Set-Version/td-p/3149028

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/In-building-executables-allow-Pre-Build-Action-to-modi...

I admit that I've never set a build to 1.0.0 programatically, so I can't say there isn't a bug.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,319 Views)

Setting the version to 0 when running the  VI as a standalone does not work. I also does not work in a pre-build or post-build action. For example, if you have a build whose verison is 1.2.3.4 and you try to set it to 1.3.0.0 using NI's VI in a post-build action, the new version will be 1.3.3.4.

I have attached the code I just wrote to accomplish this without the VIs provided by NI. It works!

Cheers!

(3,308 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author littlesphaeroid

Oops, there was a but in the code I posted. Here's the new version.

(3,299 Views)