LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build exe

Hi there,

I'm trying to build an exe from my vi. When I test it on my machine (labview 2010 installed) everything is ok, but when I run it 

in a machine with labview run time 2010 it sems doesn't work. I can send you my vi and I hope someone of you will be able to get it works.

thank

G.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,023 Views)

What do you mean by "it doesn't work"?

Do you get an error message?  Does the PC blow up?

What actually happens when you try to run it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,021 Views)

Did you really install the std 2010 run time engine (171MB). (The min version (40MB) will most likely not work.)

Did you use LabVIEW 32 or 64 bit to build the exe?

(You might also brush up on your LabVIEW skills, because your code seems pretty useless. Why is there a 2 second delay in the inner loop? Why is there even an outer loop? Never operate on paths as strings, etc. Since everything happens in the inner loop, the stop button does not really do much)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,005 Views)

What the iv should do is to select all the  .edf file from a specific folder and convert them in TDMS file.

The outer loop is used to stop the vi after it finish to convert the last file and the delay.....I forgot them there....what do you mean "Never operate on paths as strings".

However, I used labview 32 bit to bild the .exe file, and I installed the  std 2010 run time engine 171MB.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(2,994 Views)

The .exe file do  not create the TDMS file.

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(2,993 Views)

@DoctorG wrote:

What the iv should do is to select all the  .edf file from a specific folder and convert them in TDMS file. 

You convert them to tdms with an *.edf extension, then add a second .tdms extension (source and target paths are the same!). Wouldn't it make more sense to edit the target file path instead instead of editing the output? Shouldn't the file dialog be configured to only select existing folders?

DoctorG wrote:

The outer loop is used to stop the vi after it finish to convert the last file and the delay.....I forgot them there

The delay in the outer loop runs in parallel to the inner loop and is thus meaningless. The outer loop never spins more than once and if you would delete it, nothing would change. The stop button is useless too, because the loop will stop after one iteration no matter what, and while it is processing the inner FOR loop, the stop button is ignored anyway.

@DoctorG wrote:

....what do you mean "Never operate on paths as strings".

In this particular case it does not make a difference, but path to string and string to path often introduces incompatibilities between platforms. Typically you would use "strip path" to get the file name, edit the file name, then use "build path" to make the new path.

@DoctorG wrote:

The .exe file do  not create the TDMS file.

Is the folder writeable? What happens of you add an error indicator to the error output of the convert tool? Does it show anything interesting? Any other error messages?

Did you build an installer or did you simply move the exe to a new machine. Don't forget to also copy the "data" folder.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(2,982 Views)

I take the advice of removing the outer loop.

This is the error message:

Node method in _openDataStorage.vi->_openWithRoot.vi->_openStorageWithRootNoPluginCheck.vi->_openStorageWithRootAutoDetect.vi->Convert to TDM or TDMS.vi->EDF-TDMS Converter GC.vi Connect data storage

When i create the exe file I notice that labview didn't create the data folder.

In other cases when I created an exe file I saw this folder

Does it help?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(2,972 Views)

It sounds like you'r creating a faulty file/path or dont have access rights to the file/folder.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(2,938 Views)

I don't think so....the iv found the file and it seams it convert it, but it doesn't write them?

I sent you the edf file so you can play with it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(2,929 Views)

I got an error message saying i dont have the EDS plugin. Do you on target computer?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(2,921 Views)