LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build exe is working but the program is not

Solved!
Go to solution

i have build an exe, everything went fine. I opened the exe and want to start the program via "Übernehmen". Then I get the attached error message. It's an old Labview Version (2009) which I converted in 2014. Do I miss sth I should add to get a successfull program via exe?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 34
(3,546 Views)

here is one more screenshot

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 34
(3,511 Views)

I have created a logfile but there are no infos in it I can see an error 😕 can anyone see sth? Please 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 34
(3,484 Views)

Does the application run fine in the development environment?

Does the old version of the application work on the same PC?

What happens when you run the .exe - does anything come up on the screen? Do you get any error messages?

I don't speak german so I don't understand the message that appears - but it seems to be saying something related to the 'program not installed'? Was there previously an installer that did custom actions (e.g. running other installers or putting files/registry keys in certain locations)?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 34
(3,469 Views)

That looks like a one button popup dialog to me, rather than an NI error message.  Have you searched the program source for the text of that popup?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 34
(3,467 Views)

@Sam_Sharp wrote:

Does the application run fine in the development environment?

Does the old version of the application work on the same PC?

What happens when you run the .exe - does anything come up on the screen? Do you get any error messages?

I don't speak german so I don't understand the message that appears - but it seems to be saying something related to the 'program not installed'? Was there previously an installer that did custom actions (e.g. running other installers or putting files/registry keys in certain locations)?

1. yes, it is running fine in the development environment. There are no errors when I start the main.vi. I can open the program and work with it etc.

2. yes, the old version is working. It's 2009, I installed 2009 Runtime and I can open the .exe and work with it.

3. concerning 2009 .exe see my answer at 2. When I start .exe which is converted AND build in 2014, the first screen is working. Then I press the "Übernehmen" Button and I got the attached error. Yes, it says "the program is not working".

I don't know if there were custom actions. I got this project from a former colleague... 😕

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 34
(3,464 Views)

NIReport, are you using Report Toolkit? Is it installed on the newer LV?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 34
(3,451 Views)

yes, Report Toolkit is installed. Creating reports is possible in the development environment. see the licence manager below.

I don't know if it is a Labview error or not because when I start the main.vi and press the button "Übernehmen" is working. It's only not working via .exe.

[Edited 01/27/2014: Removed sensitive information]

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 34
(3,445 Views)

how can I search for this error message in the whole project? thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 34
(3,443 Views)

I found the error 🙂 but I don't know how to fix it 😞

I attached the main.vi. Here the error message is mentioned in the false case. But why the application is working in the development environment and then not in the .exe?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 34
(3,436 Views)