From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bugfix for tab control showing element changes on all pages?

When I take a tab control, place a waveform graph on one page, go to another page and change the cursor position of the waveform I get cursors displayed despite the fact that I'm still on the other page.

There's a posted question concerning that, except it's about blinking buttons and not about cursors. The answer is that this seems to be a known bug and one could pass around it by setting the "visible"-property of the button to true only if the according page of the tab control is displayed.

Unfortunately, if I do that with the waveform graph, I can write data into it but won't get the axis autoscaled. Even if I use the autoscale-once-property afterwards I don't get all the graph displaye
d correctly.

So my main question is: Is there already a bugfix to that or when will there be one?

Greetings, Daniel Troendle
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,758 Views)
Daniel,

This problem should be fixed in the LabVIEW 6.0.2 update, which is available from our website.

Please let me know if you continue to have any problems.

Sincerely,
Darren N.
NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,758 Views)

Hello Darren,

I experience the very same effect with LV 2015. The problem is present again.  I use the system Tab. When I move the mouse- Cursor over the Tab- buttons, the hover-effect is shown an the Ghost- Cursors disappear.

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,309 Views)

15 Years.

Also do you have a screenshot, or VI that reproduces the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,288 Views)

I was in a hurry, when I wrote my post, so I didn't provide you with more details. I apologize for that. Here are the datails:

Cursor- Printthrough 01.png

This is the effect

Cursor- Printthrough 02.png

This is the Tab-pane with waveform-graph

I found this code as to be guilty for the effect:

Cursor- Printthrough 03.png

The workaround is now clear to me, because unnecessarily the Cursor List is cleared before the new List is set, but this combination leads to the printthrough of cursors.

And because I'm not able to attach VIs, here ist is as a snippet:

Cursor-Problem Test Preferences Dialog - snippet.png

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,248 Views)