cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[bug] get clipboard image fails in executable

Solved!
Go to solution

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

Why don't you store the array of pixels values to clipboard and later retrieve this only and show the image to user. This will solve the problem

That makes no sense.  If your clipboard has an image that you got from some other program, exactly how to you "store the array of pixel values"?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 37
(3,506 Views)

That make sense..What he says he can read text but not image.May be image file he is not able to read. So I asked him to store the pixels values using IMAQ IMAGE TO ARRAY and store the values. Later retrieve these values only and convert to image.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 37
(3,503 Views)

Hi Ranjeet,

you don't understand what I need. I need to get an image from the clipboard, unfortunatley it's not working in an executable. It's returning the last text (image) data.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 37
(3,492 Views)

Ton, 

I give up, and use .net node to replace it. Refer to below code image, hope it is useful for you. 

get image from Clipboard.png

Colin Zhang
------------------
LV7.1/8.2/8.2.1/8.5/8.6/9.0/2010/2011/2013/2015/2016/2020; test system development; FPGA; PCB layout; circuit design...
Please Mark the solution as accepted if your problem is solved and donate kudoes

Home--colinzhang.net: My Blog

iTestGroup: One-step test solution provider!
ONTAP.LTD : PCBA test solution provider!
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 37
(3,486 Views)

Who stores image in clipboard?

Is it done by your exe file

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 37
(3,472 Views)

Ranjeet,  Please pay attention.

Are you telling me you have never needed to take a screenshot from somewhere on your screen, and then paste it into some other document such as a Word File, Excel, or Microsoft Paint?

How do you think that image data gets from one application to the other?  IT IS THROUGH THE CLIPBOARD!  There are no files involved whatsoever.  So maybe Ton is trying to get LabVIEW to access that image data from the clipboard to work with, without going through several other steps to manually take it to a file to read it back into LabVIEW.

Message 16 of 37
(3,467 Views)

Unfortunately the .net method does not work for me (the clipboard reference is null) and I cannot seem to find a valid constructor...

My current workaround is using greenshots with a fixed config that stores the print-screen action in a pre-defined place.

However I just want to report this bug.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 37
(3,451 Views)

What is the greenshots? i'm sorry for my interest.  Cat Tongue

Colin Zhang
------------------
LV7.1/8.2/8.2.1/8.5/8.6/9.0/2010/2011/2013/2015/2016/2020; test system development; FPGA; PCB layout; circuit design...
Please Mark the solution as accepted if your problem is solved and donate kudoes

Home--colinzhang.net: My Blog

iTestGroup: One-step test solution provider!
ONTAP.LTD : PCBA test solution provider!
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 37
(3,439 Views)

@TCPlomp wrote:

My current workaround is using greenshots with a fixed config that stores the print-screen action in a pre-defined place.

You could probably also use the VIs Rolf linked to in the LAVA thread. As far as I know, they should work (although they probably need to be tested on newer versions of Windows to make sure).

(3,436 Views)

@colinzhang wrote:

What is the greenshots? i'm sorry for my interest.  Cat Tongue

Greenshot is a screen capture tool. Just google it.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 37
(3,424 Views)