From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buffered analog output generation

Hello ,

I already did analog output generation programs.now i need how to do buffered analog output generation,any example can be help full

or i can show you my application(if you provide your contact details).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,835 Views)

after reading a lot over internet, I tried generate buffered analog output.

Steps i followed:

1. DAQmx create channel with physical channels

2. Output buffer configuration

3. Timing sample set to sample clock(Continuous Samples)

4. DAQmx write property node with (donot allow regenration)

5. DAQx Write (data input to this is a 2D array) with auto start =false

6. DAQmx start

7. while loop inside this

8  Again input to the daqmx write(with auto start enabled and thereis no start task vi) is 2D array

9. outside while loop stop and cleartask vi's.

My sampling rate is 1000hz , please suggest me ideal buffer size which i should use and samples per channel

Also I tried to monitor the number of updates done in the write vi (in while loop) it always shows 1000. I think beacuse of which i'm not able to generate signal. i guess my buffer is not filling or something happening which i'm not aware of it. I need generation to be happened because its my urgent task.

I cant share the code because it has lot of subvi's and all. But surely i can give remote access

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,811 Views)
The only subVIs should be DAQmx functions.

Have you tried any of the examples that come with LabVIEW? Exactly what error code and message are you getting?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,803 Views)

i'm not getting any error messages, can you please tell me where are the examples for buffered generation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,775 Views)
Help> Find Examples. Look at Hardware Input and Output.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,771 Views)

After going through examples and so many other VI's over internet, i have some doubts related to buffer analog output generation.

Let us take my case , i'm using DAQ card: NI -PCIe 6353 , sampling rate is 1khz,continuous generation (n sample n channel), my question start how much should be the ideal buffer size i should put  and what is meant by clock source (for example: on board clock) and how much should be my samples per channel and for this kind of generation is there any way that configuration of can be avoided(i mean any automation). and what is the best way to place daqmx write function inside while loop or outside.. what is the use of setting 

Can anybody explain these things in detail.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,742 Views)