From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buffer size and samples per channel

I have a question regarding the allocation of the output buffer. I have a digital I/O card PCI-6534 and I use the driver NI-DAQmx 7.4.0f0. I would like to generate a digital output using different clock rates. For example, I need to write 500 samples at 1000 samples per second and other 500 samples at a rate of 10000 samples per second. the simplest solution is to prepare two different waveforms, write the first one on the buffer and generate the output. Then I can load the second waveform on the buffer and generate the second output. In order to minimize the delay between the two output sequences, I would like instead to write the buffer once. I tried to set the buffer size to 1000, and the number of samples per second to 500, but it doesn't work. There is a way to set independently the buffer dimension and the number of samples which have to be generated?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,282 Views)