cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bronkhorst's gas mass flow controller is not powered up

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have connected mass flow controller of BRONKHORST company using RS232 to USB connector to my PC but LEDs on mfc doesn't blink. I Have no idea whether it requires additional power or not? mfc has only RS232 pin.

I have attached manual of mfc and my labview program

Any kind of suggestion or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,259 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author patelMIKES

Contact Bronkhorst, you need a special cable which connects the MFC to a power supply and additionally it has a RS232 cable connection. An RS232 cannot power your device alone.

Have a look at my setup (it is a pressure regulator, but the same applies to a MFC):

IMG_20150824_132856263_HDR_mod2.jpg

Message 2 of 11
(6,234 Views)

Thank you so much and picture explains very well..:)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,222 Views)

so you could mark the answer as "solution" 😉

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,215 Views)

Hi,

Finally I am successful to power up my Bronkhorst mass flow controller. Can you help me on how to run this device using labview(I am new in labview) and also flowDDE.

When I start flowdde and make open communication then it shows that communication to flowbus is force to stop.

Need your help please.

Thank you

With best regards

Patelmikes

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,116 Views)

Again, I suggest you read the manual for the controller and get in touch with Bronkhorst. They might have some LabVIEW device drivers with an example VI (you might find these on their website) or you might need to configure the device first.

The first two results for 'flowbus labview' on Google seem to show some useful results.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,107 Views)

Did you try to run your example Bronkhorst vi which you attached to your first post? Does it work? If not, what you see? Any error msg?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,089 Views)

Hi,

From my attached program, I see this error "VISA Flush I/O Buffer in Bronkhorst FLOW-BUS.lvlib:Initialize.vi->Bronkhorst code.vi"

but In Flowview it works well so maybe I did some mistake in Labview program

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,078 Views)

Hello!

I'm having a similar problem. I built a flow bus (see picture), but the MFC on the left doesn't get any power. I am not sure what the problem might be, it used to work some time ago in a different system.

Can anybody offer me any help?

Thanks and best regards!

FB_2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,907 Views)

Is this flow controller identical (type + cabling) to the other MFC which is in the right lower part in the photo? I see this other MFC is powered up (LEDs are lit). Did your try to connect the non working MFC to the cable which is connected to the working one? If it works there, you have some cabling/connection problem. If it does not work there either, contact company Bronkhorts for troubleshooting/service/repair.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,895 Views)