LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broken wire to strict typedefs

Mass compiled a small app from 8.2 to 9.0 and some strict type def controls (string, U16) had broken wires to their data.  The typedefs on the BD showed up in black color.  A strict loaded onto the front panel is greyed out.

Is this a feature ?  I use a lot of stricts and I want them to just work as in 6.0, 7.1, 8.5 etc.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,817 Views)
I've never actually seen that behavior, and I just did a quick test and couldn't replicate it. If you place the wiring tool over the broken wire and have the Context Help window open, what does it say in the Context Help window? What does it say are the errors if you click the broken run button in the toolbar?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,800 Views)

Here is an attempt to drop a snippet of the offending code:

Snippet1.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,768 Views)

A snippet will not work in this case since it will not include any of the typedefs. If you want us to look at the actual code then you have to upload all the VIs, including the controls themselves.

I did notice one peculiar thing: while loading it was looking for VIs in a _svn directory - I am assuming you changed the prefix from "." to "_" from your svn client's preferences. These directories are normally hidden, and are managed by svn, so there should be no code directly linking to files within them. You should verify your VI hierarchy.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,747 Views)
I also noticed that the actual filenames of the controls seem to be the same as the labels I see in the snippet. Names like "$str1.ctl", "$day_of_wk.ctl", and "$on=hot.ctl".  That is a ... peculiar ... naming scheme. Why are you using those non-alphanumeric characters in the filename?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,741 Views)

Thanks for your response.  The 'peculiar' filename prefix was to allow me to see whether the .ctl was a Strict typedef ($) or just a regular typedef (~) just from a file listing.  As long as I was in windows this was no problem.  It became a problem when I started to port a couple of apps to linux in 8.5, and I had to rename a bunch of controls.  As I recall, however, up-compiling from 7.1 to 8.5 within XP showed no problems with these filename prefixes.

Anyway, I know what I gotta do.. tnx again

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,726 Views)