LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

breakpoint when variable gets accessed

Hi!
I've got a rather complex app running. Now something changes some boolean variable (I can see the indicator flicker on the screen for a split second).
Is there a way to have a breakpoint stop the program's execution whenever some subvi accesses the refnum? Unfortunately everything is done via refnums, so I can't use conditional boolean probes.

Best regards,
Severin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,710 Views)
Hello Severin,

the refernces are used to uniquely identify the frontpanel object for a certain VI or actually the data space that is reserved for the boolean control and keeps the value (status). As all the control references use VI-Server to be manipulated by other calling structures, such as SubVIs, things will be difficult to locate the source where the object has been manipulated from (Similar to pointers). The option you are using are so called explicitly linked objects.

Anyway, we should try one of the following:

- Is it possible to at least locate the SubVI that manipulates the control? (temporarily sets it true)
- Could you name the approximate number of references that are located anywhere in the subVI collection

Please let me know.

Christoph Landmann
Applications Engineer
National Instruments Germany GmbH
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,678 Views)

Hello Severin,

still suffering from the problem?

Please let me know,

Christoph

0 Kudos