cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

breakpoint boolean

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Is it possible to set automatically a breakpoint or simply put all the VI in the pause state if a boolean control becomes true. I am running several steps in a while loop and I want to put just in the moment that the boolean control becomes true outside the loop ( I dont want to finish the step and finish the current iteration of the loop)

Thanks a lot

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,707 Views)

What you want is a conditional probe. There is a boolean one that ships with LV (right click the wire and select Custom Probe>>Conditional and then go to the condition tab of the probe). You can actually create custom probes of your own as well and there should be info in the LV help.

I think I did not explain myself very well. The problem is that I don't know in which moment the boolean outside the while loop will becomes true. So the breakpoint can be anywhere in the steps of the while loop and not on a precise wire.

in another way, I would like a function that can do the action of clicking the pause button automatically when a boolean becomes true in the vi insted of clicking manually on pause.

I hope I explained better my problem.

Thanks,

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,687 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ziedhosni

A Breakpoint will pause all your VI's. You can easily make a conditional breakpoint by placing a case structure and placing a breakpoint in 1 case.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 4 of 7
(2,675 Views)

I am very stupid, how I did not think about that ,thank you very much.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,666 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

You can easily make a conditional breakpoint by placing a case structure and placing a breakpoint in 1 case.

/Y

But a conditional probe is even easier because it doesn't require you to change your code.

Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough - a conditional probe is exactly the same as putting it in the case structure, except it's completely temporary - you define the pause condition in the probe and if that condition becomes true, the VI will pause.

@tst wrote:

@Yamaeda wrote:

You can easily make a conditional breakpoint by placing a case structure and placing a breakpoint in 1 case.

/Y

But a conditional probe is even easier because it doesn't require you to change your code.

Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough - a conditional probe is exactly the same as putting it in the case structure, except it's completely temporary - you define the pause condition in the probe and if that condition becomes true, the VI will pause.

Interesting, i haven't looked at Conditional Probes, only the Conditional stop on error on error wires. 🙂

Yes, that's the more correct way.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 7 of 7
(2,650 Views)