From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

borderless array - gui problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I have array of strings

I want to remove gray spaces between each element ( shown by arrows ) but I can't. I want to make them transparent but i can't

Do You have any idea how to do that?

Thanks in advice.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,097 Views)

Use the array and 'Simple String' from the classic pallet, then paint it white with the paintbrush tool.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,083 Views)

Just a thought, are the lines you seeing the edges of the string control, or did you make the borders transparent and it is the default gray background of the array structure showing through?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,041 Views)

You need to attach your VI, because an image is not sufficient.

• If the strings are system strings, you cannot change the color or outline.
  • If they are regular string controls, you can change the color and outline to transparent.
  • You still might have to change the background color of the array container. (as mike mentioned)

Maybe you should use a listbox to display your data. it is more compact overall.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,035 Views)

Thanks for help. With one string controll it works ok. Now I have array of clusters with 2 string controlls inside cluster and I want to make this frames disappear ( vi attached )

This will be used to display messages  so that user can scroll and see all messages. With listbox i will have to write bold property on every secound row to make it bold ( like in attachment).

Do You have any Ideas??

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,985 Views)

Just like having a no border array you can have a no border cluster.  Attached is a transparent cluster, array, and string, then a control that combines all of them into an array of cluster, with two strings.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,974 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pawhan11

pawhan11 wrote:

Do You have any Ideas??

Same story. Simply color the frames transparent.

It is actually not clear to me if you want them white or transparent. Here's it as transparent and white. You should still go into the control editor and make the borders disappear completely to keep the same line spacing.

Also remember that all this would be significantly easier and cleaner with this idea implemented. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,964 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

pawhan11 wrote:

Do You have any Ideas??

Same story. Simply color the frames transparent.

It is actually not clear to me if you want them white or transparent. Here's it as transparent and white. You should still go into the control editor and make the borders disappear completely to keep the same line spacing.

Also remember that all this would be significantly easier and cleaner with this idea implemented. 😄

Thanks, when looking for solution kudoed Your idea, it is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for help 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,954 Views)