cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bluetooth discover VI dosen't work !!

Solved!
Go to solution

hi

I want to use bluetooth communication in LV 2013. in first step I want find other bluetooth machine in my local.

I use this Function buut it doesn't find any bluetooth device. I turned on my phone bluetooth but LV cannot found that !!

Thanks.

b1.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,116 Views)

hello ajapyy 

Try this ....

Refer to the following VIs for examples of creating a simple Bluetooth server and client applications:

• Simple Bluetooth Server VI: labview\examples\comm\Bluetooth.llb
  • Simple Bluetooth Client VI: labview\examples\comm\Bluetooth.llb
  • Simple Bluetooth Server (Palm OS) VI: labview\examples\PDA\pdacomm\PDABluetooth.llb
  • Simple Bluetooth Client (Palm OS) VI: labview\examples\PDA\pdacomm\PDABluetooth.llb
  • Simple Bluetooth Server (Pocket PC) VI: labview\examples\PDA\pdacomm\PDABluetooth.llb
  • Simple Bluetooth Client (Pocket PC) VI: labview\examples\PDA\pdacomm\PDABluetooth.llb

Thank you & Best regards
syrpimp

=======================================================
“You must continue to gain expertise, but avoid thinking like an expert." -Denis Waitley
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,096 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ajapyy

ajapyy 

did you try to Decrease your Time Limit  i made my time limit (ms) is 10ms and put it inside the loop and it works perfectly . also make sure that your mobile bluetooth is dicoverable..

bluetooth check.png2014-12-11 11.07.44.png2014-12-11 11.07.44.png

Note:

The optional input parameter, time limit (ms), specifies the length of Bluetooth inquiry. The default value is 10 ms and the maximum value is 30 s. If time limit is less than or equal to zero, the function returns a list of installed local Bluetooth devices.

Note: Bluetooth discovery is a slow operation because of the communication involved. A Bluetooth device address is a fixed address that is usually printed on the actual device and you can query the address from the device control setting. This address is unique to each device. If you know the Bluetooth address of the specific device you want to connect to, you can skip the discovery process and use the Bluetooth Open Connection function to connect to the device directly.

Thank you & Best regards
syrpimp

=======================================================
“You must continue to gain expertise, but avoid thinking like an expert." -Denis Waitley
Message 3 of 10
(4,085 Views)

I am getting Error 1 while trying to use blue tooth discover block, and also the same error for all the blocks related to blue tooth and serial bus.. .. suggestions please

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,543 Views)

@joyson wrote:

I am getting Error 1 while trying to use blue tooth discover block, and also the same error for all the blocks related to blue tooth and serial bus.. .. suggestions please

Here's a suggestion.  Upload your code so we can take a look at it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,539 Views)

I am using the LabVIEW example code for bluetooth, which is inbuild in LabVIEW. I am using desktop, and it doesn't supports bluetooth. Still I am trying to run that program. So, is that the cause of the error ?.. But I use the same LabVIEW sample code in LabVIEW.

Thanks..!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,520 Views)

Your computer is probably trying to look at the address of the bluetooth device on the original programmer's computer. We would need to redirect it toa bluetooth device for that VI to use. If you don't have a bluetooth receiver to point it to, that is probably the source of the error. 

A good way to try it on your computer would be to buy a bluetooth dongle and address the code to look at it

Chase
NI Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,507 Views)

Hello brother,

I want a stand alone DAQ with the following specifications. can you say some suggestions..? 

1. Analog input: 8

2. Analog Output: 2

3. Digital input: 4-13

4.Digital output: 4-13

5.communication: USB & any wireless(either bluetooth or wifi)

Thank you so much 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,486 Views)

You could interface with a Wi-Fi cDAQ via an Ad Hoc network and interface various C Series modules with the chassis for your data acquisition. The cDAQ-9191 is one example of a configuration you could interface with. 

cDAQ-9191

http://www.ni.com/en-us/support/model.cdaq-9191.html

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,462 Views)

hello

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,422 Views)