LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block diagram on/off

HI

my name is Arturo and im from bogota colombia.

im developing a VI for controling temperature, I alredy develop the block diagram program. the purpose is that if the temperature is below the selected on the numeric control, send a signal that turn on the resistance for heating up, this heat should keep rising up until the max. temperature selected on the other numeric control is met, then the resistance have to turn off until the temperature drops to the min. temperature value selected en the first numeric control.

know on I cant get the last part. here are some pics of my block diagram progam

bloc diagram 1.jpg

bloc diagram 2.jpg

I hope someone can help my to modify mi VI. I need for my thesis so I can graduate.

THANKS TO ALL

Arturo Cortes J.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,244 Views)

Please clean up your wires a bit so they don't look like spaghetti. Also make your blockdiagram to fit a screen.

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,205 Views)

A sequence structure isn't a case, i assume you only want to heat OR cool, not do it all in sequence.

How do you run this vi? I hope it's a main loop with a wait or similar we see hinted, so you dont use Run continously.

Can you post the vi?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,192 Views)

Hi Arturo,

If I understand correctly you will have states to heat and cool using an on/off control. I suggest you to develop in a state machine design.

The two links below may help you with this.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7532

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4594

Regards,

Abel

NI Brazil 

Abel Souza
Engenheiro Eletrônico
LabVIEW User since 8.5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,183 Views)

HI

thanks for your comments. now, the purpouse of the VI is to activate a resistance that will heat water, but the idea is that the user select the minimun and maximun temperature to control, so if the temperature is below the minimun selected it should get on and continue to heat up to the maximun selected temperature. when the temperature rech the maximun selected the resistance should turn off, and cold down the water until the minumin selected temperature is reached.

i hope you understand me, the VI I show here is a simulated one, just for get the programing. th real one is going to work with the DAQ USB6008

THANKS

Arturo Cortes

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,137 Views)

HI

Well i look the state machine and reprogram mi VI but i have some questions that i hope you can help me. i want to know if the programing is working so i wired the boolean indicators to the emited signal so i can know if its on or off but when i wired to the exit of the selector and run the VI labview send an error.

block dia 1.jpgblock dia 2.jpgblock dia 3.jpgblock dia 4.jpgblock dia prob.jpg

THANKS for your help i hope these one could work properly

Arturo Cortes

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,126 Views)

HI

I want to thanks you all, specially to Abel with the state machines i achive what i needed now my VI runs properly (the simulated one) I hope the real one works as fine as this one.

Arturo Cortes J

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,105 Views)

If you have no input to the Boolean indicator i assume you'll get a Null or Void value which might cause the crash.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,075 Views)