Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bk precision 9124 driver

I'm having the same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(1,429 Views)
What problem is that. Please be a little more precise. What error code/message do you get? What sort of connection?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(1,418 Views)

I'm trying to control a BK Precision 9121a DC power supply with LabView over an IT-E131 cable. My baud rate on the power supply and in LabView match (9600).

I get the same error message shown in the screen shot by college_student (11-14-2013 08:48 AM - edited ‎11-14-2013 08:52 AM) and described in a following message of his (11-15-2013 10:06 AM).

Basically, using the BK Precision-supplied NI driver, I can control the power supply once, but then I have to close and restart LabView to issue another comnmand.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(1,407 Views)

The error code that college_student was getting meant there was something wrong with the command that he was sending to the terminal. The suggestion was to place probes in the code to track the commands being sent/written to the instrument. VISA commands are specific to instruments, so I would also reference the manual of the instrument for expected VISA commands.

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(1,386 Views)

Hi, Guys.

I am running the same problems now.

The equipment I am using is BK precision 9122A  Single Output Programmable DC Power Supply.

I downloaded the driver from NI website (the first one: project style)

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=8951

I am using the Serial (RS 232) communication and the cable provided by the mfg to communicate with my computer.

I ran the Visa test in NI MAX and there is no any error for write, read and query.

And my serial configuration parameters are matching with the values stated in the manual (Baud rate:9600, Parity: none, and the Stop bits:1).

However, when I ran the examples (BK Precision 91XX Monitor Output. VI), it gave me two differnt errors randomly.

Error 1 and Error 2 (see the attachment, please). One of the two erros is as same as the host posted.

I did some research and it turns out that there is something wrong with the initialize VI.

If I put the Initialize VI in "highlight execution" mode, it did not give any erros no mather which VIs you run (the initialize VI or the BK Precision 91XX Monitor Output VI).

However, if you put the Initialize VI in the regular mode, it alwasy gives me one of the two errors. Sometime, this error and Sometime that error.

Would you please provide detailed solution to the issue?

Thank you!

A LabVIEW beginner

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(1,353 Views)

@Bingji wrote:

Hi, Guys.

I am running the same problems now.

The equipment I am using is BK precision 9122A  Single Output Programmable DC Power Supply.

I downloaded the driver from NI website (the first one: project style)

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=8951

I am using the Serial (RS 232) communication and the cable provided by the mfg to communicate with my computer.

I ran the Visa test in NI MAX and there is no any error for write, read and query.

And my serial configuration parameters are matching with the values stated in the manual (Baud rate:9600, Parity: none, and the Stop bits:1).

However, when I ran the examples (BK Precision 91XX Monitor Output. VI), it gave me two differnt errors randomly.

Error 1 and Error 2 (see the attachment, please). One of the two erros is as same as the host posted.

I did some research and it turns out that there is something wrong with the initialize VI.

If I put the Initialize VI in "highlight execution" mode, it did not give any erros no mather which VIs you run (the initialize VI or the BK Precision 91XX Monitor Output VI).

However, if you put the Initialize VI in the regular mode, it alwasy gives me one of the two errors. Sometime, this error and Sometime that error.

Would you please provide detailed solution to the issue?

Thank you!

A LabVIEW beginner

Let us know if any of the suggestions in this thread work for you.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(1,347 Views)

Highlight execution slows down execution, and the error is a timeout error. If you increase the timeout, does the error still occur? You can increase the timeout by adding a Wait function between the Write and Read (most likely in a subVI for the Initialize function) or you can drop down an Instrument Property Node and set the Timeout. There is a description about this property node in this KB: Why Do I Receive Timeout Error -1073807339 on VISA Read or Write?

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(1,339 Views)

Hi, Guys

Thank you for all of the suggestions. 

I fixed the problem already. The Initialize VI has some problem and need to be udpated or fixed.

The LabVIEW beginner.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(1,311 Views)

Hello,

I'm glad to hear you were able to identify and fix the problem. For the benefit of others who may have the same problem, what about the Initialize function did you have to change? Thanks for sharing!

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(1,305 Views)

Hi,

I will post my VI later after running more tests and pretty comfortable it works well.

Thank you.

The LabVIEW Beginner

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(1,292 Views)