From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

binary image to color jpeg

I am manipulating (B/W) ICCD images with Vision.  Unfortunately, I have to cut the images down to I8, but that is not the issue.  My question is this-  Labview allows me to visualize the I8 data with a "rainbow" color map.  I would like to get it to automatically create a color JPEG file (or other image file type) that I can open in powerpoint.  I am aware of the IMAQ write file2.vi, but that only writes a grayscale file.  How do I go about interpreting the I8 values to color data?  Sorry, I am a newbie to image manipulation.  J

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,608 Views)

Use something like this.  Fill in the array constant with the colors that you want.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,598 Views)

I'm using labview 11.0 (sorry, I know that I am supposed to include this in my post).  Could you save the vi for an earlier version or post a picture of the back panel?  Thanks.  J

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,590 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,566 Views)

Thanks. Are you aware of any way to programmatically fill in the color array?  The IMAQ getpallete.vi doesn't seem to do it.  J

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,550 Views)

Sure.  You can create the array programatically.  How you would code it depends upon what you want the array to be.

You would probably make use of this:  Functions -> Programming -> Graphics and Sound -> Picture Functions -> RGB to Color.vi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,526 Views)