cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best method for RT communication

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all ,

I am using RT OS for my project , connected with the host PC , both the places I am creating the global variable of same names , like for DMM i create 2 global variable one in host and one is RT .I am passing the infor from host one after the other .I am processing the command in RT and the data is sent back to the host .

for displaing and reporting .

can any one tell me is ther any other best method to communicate between host and RT communincation other than the global variable , or can one tell me that this is the best method .

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,961 Views)

Hi prajwal,

global variables will not work for data exchange between different computers - not even between executables on just one computer!

You need to use SharedVariables for that purpose!

You can use any protocal that is based on network access: SharedVariables, NetworkStreams, DataSocket, UDP, TCP, …

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 10
(2,935 Views)

you are right , I am using TCP communincation as the data communincation B/W host and the RT .

Can you Plz pass more infor on the network streaming

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,925 Views)

Hi prajwal,

"Plz" "infor" ???

Could you please use full English words? Many (if not most) people in the forum don't use English as their first language…

NetworkStreams

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,920 Views)

Network Streams are definately the easiest way to send data back forth between RT and Windows.  You need to create a read and write endpoint on each side, but then the network stream handles all of the connection and reconnection for you, so it makes your life a lot easier.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,908 Views)

I am trying out Network stream , can u please send me link of some exames of Network streaming .

My aim is to read the DMM at the RT side and send the data to windos using Network streaming this task i will continously doing .

Please consider this

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,898 Views)
Solution
Accepted by prajwal.prithviraj

Hi prajwal,

there are several example VIs provided by NI: open the example finder in LabVIEW, search for Network Stream…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 7 of 10
(2,893 Views)

There are a few good examples in the Example Finder (Help->Find Examples) in LabVIEW.  Do a search for Network Streams and you should find a Writer and a Reader example that work together.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,891 Views)

I am using sbrio 9606,I want to access GPIOs(pins) of micro on RT side not FPGA DIDOs(0-95).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,734 Views)

Hi asd,

your post is totally unrelated to this thread.

And you already started your own thread so please don't double post!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,726 Views)