cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

basic questions about digital representation

if i have bitstream

where 0's and 1's are represented as below

Untitled1.png

and after representing them on a graph i want to apply a raised cosine filter and make them look ike this

Untitled.png

soo is there anyway i can do that...please help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,416 Views)

Well can't help you much with a raised cosine filter because LV doesn't have one built in and calculating the FIR coefficients is beyond me without the filter design toolkit and a lot of insentive! However, here's a quick example of up-sampling the digital signal into an analog signal with (say) 30 samples per bit time. You can then pass the analog signal through the filter of your choice (here I've just used a basic filter which does not give the shape you want but gives the general idea). You could probably refine this considerably with a little thought.

digiupsampblk.png

digiupsampfp.png

Message 2 of 8
(3,387 Views)

can you please attach the vi ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,375 Views)

@Eldokch wrote:

can you please attach the vi ?

Are you unwilling to even spend the time to re-create the VI on your own?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,357 Views)

No sir, it's just i am new to labview and sometimes i find a hard time finding the blocks that's all...anyway i had already done it

but the result is not as expectedUntitled.png

why it's showing like a constant in the first samples but then it changes ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,324 Views)

Do you think we have a telescope to look at your screenshot to determine what is happening in it?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,305 Views)

Eldokch, your screenshot is impossible to read!!

However it looks like your generation of a bitstream differs from mine in that you generate eight lines of digital output (at least thats what is showing on your graph) but I generate a single line. But that should be beside the point, since I have no idea what format your actual real world bitstream takes (and that is what you should be using - mine was just an example of one way it could be done using dummy data).

The point is I have shown you a principle that you should be able to understand, extrapolate, and make your own. Take each digital bit, make it into a stream of analog samples (in this case, 30 samples of 0.0 or 1.0), and then apply your filter to the analog waveform. If you don't understand how to do this then you need to start studying LabVIEW - I'm not going to debug it for you unless I get your salary too!! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,272 Views)

by the way I no longer have the vi - I just knocked it together, took a screenshot, and dumped it!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,271 Views)