LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad camera file error (-1074364403) in Init.vi for IMAQ IEEE-1394

How and what do I input to the IMAQ1394 Init.vi?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,108 Views)
Kelly,

Thanks for using our discussion forums! This error is usually a result of not selecting the proper interface when calling the IMAQ init function. I would definitely check in Measurement & Automation Explorer and first make sure you can snap and grab images there. Take note of what the interface file is called next to the camera name (cam0, cam1, etc...) and then try calling the IMAQ init with the appropriate IMAQ interface name wired into it.

Let us know if this works out!

Regards

Dan
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,096 Views)
Hi,

I have the same problem (same error code). 
However I can see my IEEE 1394 camera in MAX, I can snap and grab images. In MAX, the interface name is 'cam0'. When I give 'cam0' to the IMAQ init.vi, I get this error code. What is the problem ?
(I'm a newbee concerning Labview and IMAQ...)

May it come from the fact that I use a laptop and a IEEE 1394 hub (externally powered) ?

Thank you for your help !

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,929 Views)
Naudiling--

The first thing to check is that you are using the 1394 VI's and not the regular IMAQ VI's.

What version of the driver do you have installed?  If you have a later version you might have the option for IMAQdx which also will run a firewire camera.  I am wondering if the camera is setup for dx in MAX and you are using the Legacy 1394 init in LabVIEW.  If the camera is associated with 1394 or you do not have IMAQdx. 

I think that if you check out these suggestions it should start working.  If not, if you could, describe again what you are doing.  I am sure that we can get this working!

Regards,

John H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,920 Views)

You were right, the first solution was the answer (1394 vi's, I didn't see them at first). Thank you very much !

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,910 Views)