LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

average cycles of data

Hi, there,

My problem is as follows:

I have a PCI DAQ card. I need to read two set of sychornized values. One set is a periodic waveform data (wave 1, say triangular waveform) the other set (wave2) is actually the signal in response to the triangular waveform from my hardware.

Since the data is periodic, I want to average the data captured in different cycles so that the noise will be greatly reduced.
The user can specify how many cycles of the waveform are required in the user-interface.

My question is

In order to average the cycle I need to find a way to differentiate individual cycle 1st. So in this case of a triangular wave, may I know what is the best way to extract each individual waveform cycle (wave1)and the corresponding data points in wave2?

Rgds,
Jacob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,168 Views)
Jacob,

Thank you for posting to the NI forums.  There are several ways you could approach this problem.  One pretty straightforward way would be to use software techniques to split up the waveform into periods.  For example you could use the Extract Single Tone Information.vi to determine the period of each cycle.  Then using this period information you could use the Get Waveform Subset.vi to extract single cycles from the waveform.  Let me know if you have any questions about using this approach.

Regards,

Neil S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,137 Views)