LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically making current values default in an exe

Jorge,

yes, you are right. I should have said that I am using LabVIEW 8.0. However, I will switch to 8.2 soon.

Your solution is a pretty cool one! Simple and powerful. Respect!

Using  the XML format can have the advantage that not everybody will mess around with the ini file as it could be the case with plain text files. However, in some cases it may be intended to have the user modifying the ini file himself and hereby adapting startup default values manually. In such a case, a plain text would be more convenient.

What's your opinion about these issues?

Regards,
Peter
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(639 Views)

Jim,

thanks a lot for your efforts.

Yes, I am working behind a corporate proxy server and firewall. Please, find enclosed the error log file.

In the meanwhile I succeeded to use your VIPM at home where I enjoy a usual broadband internet connection. I didn't have any trouble to download the packages.

With best regards,

Peter

Message Edited by stoeckel on 02-21-2007 11:51 AM

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(624 Views)
Peter,

Have you tried entering your proxy server username and password?  If so, then the problem is probably that you your proxy server is using NTLM authentication, which is a proprietary Microsoft standard that is not currently supported by VIPM.

BTW, the next version of VIPM will have features for helping to move packages between computers. But until then, you can find the downloaded package (*.ogp) files on your home computer inside the "c:\Program Files\JKI\VI Package Manager\cache" folder.  You can bring these to work and add them to your work computer's VIPM installation using the Package>>Add Package(s) to Package List menu item (to add the package files from a thumb drive, etc).

Thank you,
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(607 Views)

Jim,

thanks for your advice. I don't get the opportunity to enter a password for the proxy server. Please, find enclosed a screenshot of the situation as it is when I try to load packages from the internet to VIPM.

I will follow your directions and copy the packages manually to the computer I am working on.

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(591 Views)