LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically find a value

You can select sections of code and go to the edit menu and select create subvi from selection. Don't feel like you need to go rewriting code.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 34
(308 Views)

Here's a vi which might give you some ideas for finding particular points in a waveform. I've also cleaned up your original diagram, the auto clean still looked a bit hard to follow for me.

You really need to follow for(imstuck)'s advice and identify sub vis before you go much further with your code.

Good luck with your project.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 34
(293 Views)

Hi Ian,

Thank you for this. I'll honestly say that I don't understand everything you've done here, but it's definitely added a new dimension to things, so thanks again. I'm going to work on what I don't understand and try and implement it.

Also, this will be an ongoing project in as much as it should require subtle twists from project to project and-hopefull-as my ability and understanding improves.

Would you mind if I pick your brain about what you've done here - in this post - as I start to 'get it'?

Many thanks again,

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 34
(274 Views)

Hi Jason,

I've added some extra notes to the code. When you work through sample code make sure you have the context help swiched on. You'll see I have slowed down the first loop and added a chart and some indicators so you can see what is happening as you run the code - useful when your trying to understand what the code is doing or trying to find bugs with your code. Usefull LabVIEW tools are the Probe Window and Highlight Execution - make sure you find out how to use these features.

If you come up against a particular feature your not sure about go to the example programs and look at those, there's a large collection shipped with LabVIEW, I found them really helpful when I started using the program.

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 34
(264 Views)