Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autoclose

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

Thanks for looking at my post.
Basically i created labview code for autoexit labview if certain condition is not met. But the problem is each time before autoexit i am getting "SAVE CHANGE BEFORE CLOSING" window.
Is there is any way to avoid that window which autosave the labview before exit?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,368 Views)

Show your VI, or at least the relevant part.

EDIT: "Basically i created labview code for autoexit labview if certain condition is not met. "

Why do you need to "autoexit" the VI by the way? What is the benefit in this?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,363 Views)

You're trying to exit LabVIEW completely? Why aren't you closing your VI instead? What's changing in your VI that makes it want to save changes in the first place?

We can't tell you much without seeing your code. Please include a Snippet of your code, or attach your VIs, so that we can better assist you.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,357 Views)

When it asks if your want to save changes, say 'yes'.  It shouldn't come up next time.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,348 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Please look at the attachment. I am comparing two name and two address. If anyone is wrong it will quit labview.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,344 Views)

Ok, but why do you wanna quit LabVIEW? I can see there is a point to do it if you use a executable, but for a VI, what for?

For the saving thing, probably you modify something in the VI before running it, so LabVIEW is asking you to save it before quit...

EDIT: save your VI to your hard drive, and try it afterwards to quit it...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,327 Views)

Hi,

Basically i am trying to load labview code in different systems. It compare given computer name to the name what i have given in the code. If the computer name is different it should exit labview automatically. (Basically this code is for security reason). But each time before exit labview i am getting "SAVE CHANGES BEFORE CLOSE" window which i dont want as it reduce security level.

Any solution please?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,325 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Krish1988

I would use an Executable to carry the application between PCs. Build an EXE from your VI.

When you copy this VI to another PC, do you save it there? Probably you just open it as a temporary file, from an email application? Therefore LabVIEW asks you to save it into the PC. If you use a VI, there is no such thing like "security". They can look into the block diagram, unless you lock it...

Message 8 of 9
(3,317 Views)

I think that will be better solution.

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,304 Views)