From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

audio sampling using labview

Hi
I was wondering if anyone can give me some information regarding audio sampling using labview. I'm interested in sampling an audio signal and storing it in the computer as some format. The format can be raw or hi-resolution like mpeg etc. (that's not the problem). Also, I currently have PCI-6229 (Data Acquisition) card setup with labview. Do you think this card will work fine for audio sampling or do I need to buy a seperate NI card for audio sampling? And is labview compatible and preferred for this?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,713 Views)
You can perform audio sampling with the microphone input in your sound card. Look the vi example that comes with labVIEW.
Message 2 of 4
(2,706 Views)
I think you should be able to use this card with the Line Outputs from whatever device you are hooking up to.
Randall Pursley
Message 3 of 4
(2,700 Views)
Hi Deznium,

While it's possible to use the PCI-6229 to sample audio signals, there are some limitations. The following discussion forum will be helpful:

Audio Testing with DAQ 6020E

Thanks,
Lesley
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,676 Views)